Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Getting Dirty

The spring air has arrived here in Michigan and I find that getting out into the yard has rejuvinated the winter worn body. As artists we tend to spend a lot of time in the studio, not a really "mobile" activity. Being a potter this is even more of a problem. What do I do all day, sit behind a wheel or occasionally stand there and glaze. In either case not much movement is invovled untill the summer shows kick in.
So, with spring arriving getting out in the yard has a most enjoyable quality to it. I get excercise, keep myself busy in a different way and get my hands into the fertile soil that will provide us with our veggies for next few months. This is not only good for the body, but is grand for the soul. Get outside and get dirty !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly what I'm doing today! I should be completely filthy and feeling good in about an hour. Cheers to all the dirty gardeners out there.